Good morning from Maine where the first signs of fall appeared this week. Yesterday, while walking past my neighbor’s house I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of two red maple leaves on his lawn. Despite it being 82F and humid while I was walking, those two maple leaves made me think of fall. And if that wasn’t enough of a reminder of fall, some of friends outside of New England are starting school next week! I plan to soak up a bit more summer fun before fall gets here. I hope that you do the same.
This week I hosted the last session of the Practical Ed Tech Virtual Summer Camp. I hope that next year it can return to an in-person format. A big thank you to everyone who registered and attended this year’s sessions. Your support helps me keep this little blog going. I couldn’t do it without you!
These were the week’s most popular posts:
1. A New Google Forms Feature Teachers Have Requested for Years!
2. My Most Popular Tutorials in July
3. Superhero Science Lessons
4. Patent Search and Five Other Google Scholar Features Students Should Know How to Use
5. Five Things Students Should Know About Google Books
6. What is a Default Gateway? – A Concise Explanation
7. How to Create Your Own Online Board Game
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening/ Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the week’s most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has more than 37,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos on a wide array of educational technology tools.
- I’ve been Tweeting as @rmbyrne for fourteen years.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- And if you’re curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.
This post originally appeared on FreeTech4Teachers.com. If you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission. Sites that steal my (Richard Byrne’s) work include CloudComputin and WayBetterSite. Featured image captured by Richard Byrne.