Last week my most popular post on Free Technology for Teachers was this one highlighting my favorite features of Google Workspaces that are frequently overlooked. Based on the response to that post and video I decided to do the same thing for Office 365 users. I don’t use Office 365 products as much as I do Google Workspaces (that’s a result of the schools I’ve worked in over the years), but I still do have some favorite “hidden” features of Office 365 for teachers and students.
My favorite “hidden” Office 365 features:
- Word: Image insert with Pexels add-in.
- Video insert and playback.
- PowerPoint: Presenter coach
- Forms: Open and close dates
- OneNote: Save articles without annoying advertising pop-ups.
- OneDrive: Share files with an expiration date and password.
- Teams: Export Whiteboard Drawings as PNG
- Excel: Analyze Data
- Outlook: Schedule sending.
- Message encryption/ forwarding prevention.
- Message encryption/ preventing forwarding.
- To Do: Add multiple steps within a task.
All of those features are demonstrated in this video.