Good morning from Maine where I’m still groggy from all of the turkey I ate on Thursday. It’s either that or my coffee hasn’t kicked in this morning. Like many parents of young children I try get up an hour before my kids do in order to get a quiet moment for coffee and writing a blog post or two. I hope that all of you also get a quiet moment for coffee or other beverage this weekend.
Professional Development Opportunities
Through Practical Ed Tech I’m currently offering two on-demand learning opportunities:
- More than 300 of you have participated in a Practical Ed Tech course or webinar this year. Those registrations help keep Free Technology for Teachers and Practical Ed Tech going. I couldn’t do it without you!
- Pixton EDU is a great tool for creating comics and storyboards.
- Wakelet is a great tool for making collections of resources, recording video, and more!
- GAT Labs offers a great, free guide to using Google Workspaces in online classrooms.
Other Places to Follow Me:
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening/ Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the week’s most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has more than 31,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos on a wide array of edtech tools.
- I’ve been Tweeting as @rmbyrne for thirteen years.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- And if you’re curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.