Good morning from Maine where our recent heatwave has broken and it’s going to be a great weekend to enjoy the great outdoors. I’m planning to have a little backyard camping adventure with my toddlers. I hope that you also have something fun on your weekend schedule.
This week I hosted Get Organized With Google Classroom, Meet, and Calendar. That was the first of a few webinars that I’m running this month to help people develop new skills and brush-up on old ones as we embark on the new school year (mine begins in nine days). The next one is Monday at 3pm ET and it’s a crash course on making and teaching with videos. You can register here.
These were the week’s most popular posts:
1. New Google Classroom and Google Meet Updates to Note
2. How to Make a Whiteboard Video in Flipgrid
3. All About Zoom Breakout Rooms
4. Seven Zoom Tutorials to Watch Before School Starts
5. Two Ways to Quickly Create Transcripts of YouTube Videos
6. What You Need to Know About the Latest Version of Flipgrid
7. DIY Smithsonian Mini Exhibits
Online Back to School PD Opportunities
As mentioned above, this week I hosted Get Organized With Google Classroom, Meet, and Calendar. You can access the recording an associated materials here. On Monday I’m hosting A Crash Course in Making & Teaching With Video. Register here.
Thank You for Your Support!
Other Places to Follow My Work
Besides FreeTech4Teachers.com and the daily email digest, there are other ways to keep up with what I’m publishing.
- Practical Ed Tech Newsletter – This comes out once per week (Sunday night/ Monday morning) and it includes my tip of the week and a summary of the week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com.
- My YouTube Channel – more than 27,000 people subscribe to my YouTube channel for my regular series of tutorial videos including more than 400 Google tools tutorials.
- Facebook – The FreeTech4Teachers.com Facebook page has more than 450,000 followers.
- Twitter – I’ve been Tweeting away for the last thirteen years at twitter.com/rmbyrne
- Instagram – this is mostly pictures of my kids, my dogs, my bikes, my skis, and fly fishing.