Good morning from Maine where the sun is shining and burning off the last of the overnight fog. It’s going to be a great day for fun things like riding bikes with my kids and not-so-fun things like mowing the lawn. I hope that you also have a fun and relaxing weekend.
This week I spent quite a bit of time planning a new project and working on a series of videos that I’ll be releasing later this summer. I also took some time to look at feedback from the June session of the Practical Ed Tech Virtual Summer Camp and made a couple of tweaks for the upcoming July sessions (register here). Of course, I also published some new blog posts. The most popular ones are listed below.
These the most popular posts of the week:
1. Five Overlooked Features of Google Forms Quizzes
2. Updated – How to Create Virtual Class Pictures With Pixton EDU
3. Jamboard + Screencastify = Whiteboard Video
4. NASA Selfies – Put Yourself in Space and Learn a Bit About It
5. Five Screencastify Settings You Should Know How to Use
6. Video: The Solar System to Scale
7. How to Use Pictures in Google Forms
In July I’ll be hosting Teaching History With Technology. This is a five part course designed to help you develop new ways to create engaging history lessons and projects. Register now and use the discount code THWT2020.
This summer I’m working with a handful of schools and organizations to develop online professional development for teachers. If you’d like to work with me, please send me a note at richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com to learn more about how we can work together.
Thank You for Your Support!
Other Places to Follow My Work
Besides FreeTech4Teachers.com and the daily email digest, there are other ways to keep up with what I’m publishing.
- Practical Ed Tech Newsletter – This comes out once per week (Sunday night/ Monday morning) and it includes my tip of the week and a summary of the week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com.
- My YouTube Channel – 25,000 people subscribe to my YouTube channel for my regular series of tutorial videos including more than 350 Google tools tutorials.
- Facebook – The FreeTech4Teachers.com Facebook page has more than 450,000 followers.
- Twitter – I’ve been Tweeting away for the last thirteen years at twitter.com/rmbyrne
- Instagram – this is mostly pictures of my kids, my dogs, my bikes, my skis, and fly fishing.