Good morning from Maine where the sun is shining and it’s going to be a great day for bike rides, dog walks, and playing outside with my kids. And I also have the lawn to mow 🙁 But I’ll focus on the fun stuff first because it is the weekend after all. I hope that you also have some fun things in store for your weekend.
This week was a busy one at the Byrne Instructional Media World Headquarters as I balanced online meetings with my students with hosting some PD webinars. I also spent a good bit of time preparing materials for the courses I’m teaching this summer. Are you teaching or taking any courses this summer? I’m doing both.
These were the week’s most popular posts:
1. Another Whiteboard Option for Google Meet Users
2. Five Resources for Teaching and Learning About Copyright
3. Google Has Introduced a New Sharing Option in Shared Drives
4. Updated – How to Use EDpuzzle to Create Video Lessons
5. How to Use Kahoot in Google Classroom
6. How to Search for Matching & Similar Documents Submitted in Google Classroom
7. Five Screencastify Settings You Should Know How to Use
Online Summer PD Opportunities
This summer I’m hosting two online professional development courses. I’m hosting the Practical Ed Tech Virtual Summer Camp three times. The June session is almost full so register soon if you want in on that session. The July sessions have more seats available.
In June and July I’ll also be hosting Teaching History With Technology. This is a five part course designed to help you develop new ways to create engaging history lessons and projects. Register now and use the discount code THWT2020.
This summer I’m working with a handful of schools and organizations to develop online professional development for teachers. If you’d like to work with me, please send me a note at richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com to learn more about how we can work together.
Thank You for Your Support!
Other Places to Follow My Work
Besides FreeTech4Teachers.com and the daily email digest, there are other ways to keep up with what I’m publishing.
- Practical Ed Tech Newsletter – This comes out once per week (Sunday night/ Monday morning) and it includes my tip of the week and a summary of the week’s most popular posts from FreeTech4Teachers.com.
- My YouTube Channel – More than 23,000 people subscribe to my YouTube channel for my regular series of tutorial videos including more than 350 Google tools tutorials.
- Facebook – The FreeTech4Teachers.com Facebook page has more than 450,000 followers.
- Twitter – I’ve been Tweeting away for the last thirteen years at twitter.com/rmbyrne
- Instagram – this is mostly pictures of my kids, my dogs, my bikes, my skis, and fly fishing.